Hi, I’m Joe.
Designations: CFP®, ChFC, CLU, CCFC
Titles: Co-founder & Director of College Planning at Capstone Wealth Partners
Co-Founder and Strategic Advisor at College Aid Pro™
- 20+ years of financial services experience
- B.S. from Penn State in 2000
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) in 2014
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) in 2011
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) in 2008
- Certified College Financial Consultant (CCFC) in 2020
- Advisory Board Member at the American Institute of Certified College Financial Consultants (AICCFC)
- Member and Partner of FPA (Financial Planning Association)
- Contributor at Saving For College
- I actually went to college to become a chef. I still love to cook, but only for family and friends.
- I appreciate fine dining and a great bottle of wine.
- My financial career was a total accident, spurred on by a friend’s suggestion while in Atlanta.
- When I’m not in the office, I’m most likely traveling, playing guitar, or enjoying live music with family and friends.
- I love football and root for my Nittany Lions and the New York football Giants.
- I keep a home base in Ohio and Florida, but I also enjoy spending time in Colorado.
When I graduated college in 2000, Penn State's all in cost of attendance was $12,000 for an in state student. That same education now costs over $32,000 for 1 year of undergrad. As a result, the college dream has become the college nightmare for far too many.
My mission is to empower families, students, and advisors to make educated decisions about the college funding process. Through my work at Capstone Wealth Partners and College Aid Pro™ I serve my clients and colleagues as a financial advisor, educator, and guide.
I have had the good fortune to speak at hundreds of high schools and parent groups across the country on how to make more informed college buying decisions. I don’t have silver bullets. I don’t offer magic formulas. I simply show you how the sausage is made. Our innovative College Pre Approval™ process demystifies financial aid and helps students find schools that will give them the most free money so they can graduate debt free and live richer lives!
I also enjoy educating my fellow advisors and the greater financial planning community, frequently speaking at industry conferences about my College Pre-Approval™ process. I have trained thousands of advisors across the country on how to do college planning the right way. I regularly speak at industry conferences for the Financial Planning Association (FPA), National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), and the XY Planning Network (XYPN). My work featured in The Journal for Financial Planning, Financial Advisor Magazine, US News, and Bloomberg to name a few.