Financial advisors can help sandwich-generation families create a holistic financial strategy – and it starts with college planning.
Did you know that figuring out a way to pay for college is the #1 financial fear of Gen X parents?
Advisors who don’t address college planning as part of their comprehensive solution are missing the boat!
Incorporating college planning into your practice can help you to immediately address a pressing, time-sensitive issue your clients are facing. This creates a strong relationship foundation, built on trust and understanding. Once clients have this initial “sword in their back” addressed, they’re willing to trust you with the rest of their critical financial decisions. So, how do you get started?
Through the Financial Planning Association, I’ve helped to create the College Planning Made Easy Certificate program. A unique training program that streamlines the college planning process. Course participants will walk away learning.
- Project a family’s financial aid and out of pocket cost at individual institutions
- Create a college funding plan and ensure students graduate with manageable debt without robbing retirement
- Understand the key differences in the federal and institutional formulas used to determine a family’s expected family contribution (EFC) need based financial aid eligibility
- Income and asset strategies to maximize financial aid offers
- How to analyze, compare, and appeal financial aid award letters
- Cash flow and tax planning strategies for college
- Understand the pending changes and planning opportunities as a result of the FAFSA Simplification Act
The course is available to members and non-members alike.